Effective Date: AUGUST 1, 2021
1. What is the personal information that we collect?
Depending on how you choose to interact with Infinitextbook.com, we may collect personal information from you, for example your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, phone number, credit card or bank account information, date of birth and other persistent identifiers that can be used to personally identify you. We may also collect other personal information regarding your interaction with Infinitextbook.com, including usage information, the items that you browse, purchase, download, read, watch and otherwise access, and your geographic location.
2. Why do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information in an effort to provide you with a superior customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our business. It allows us to provide you with easy access to our products and services, with a particular focus on the items and programs that may be of most interest to you.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
Depending on the Product used, we use Information to:
- meet our contractual commitments to Users,
- administer accounts and respond to requests,
- maintain and improve the Products and to develop new Products,
- provide information related to the Products, including changes to the Products,
- provide information we think Users may find useful about our products and services or those of carefully selected third parties, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes,
- customize content supplied based on use of the Products (e.g., study recommendations, supplemental content),
- track, evaluate, and analyze individual and aggregate use of the Products and to share, publish, or otherwise publicize information, but not Personal Data, describing such use,
- provide recommendations or advertising for products and services that may be of interest to Users,
- prevent, investigate and deal with fraud, violation of intellectual property rights and other laws and unauthorized use of Products or accounts,
- as otherwise reasonable and appropriate to the legitimate business needs of VitalSource related to the Products,
4. How do we use your personal information?
5. How do we protect personal information?
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create a Infinitextbook account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
6. Children’s privacy
Generally, our Products are for users 13 years of age or older, and users must be 13 or older to create an account for a Product. For Products offered to K-12 Schools, we either provide that Product without collecting, using, or disclosing “personal information” (as defined in the Children’s Online Privacy Act (“COPPA”), except as permitted by COPPA, or we obtain consent from the school or a parent or guardian. If we have reason to believe that any such personal information has been submitted to us by a child under 13 in the United States or a child under 16 in the EU without legally-valid consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
Prior to a Student accessing the Product, the School must facilitate the Student’s access to Products.
The Products limit access to each Student’s account and the content thereon to the Student, the Student’s parents, and K-12 School personnel (depending on the choices and authorization made by the K-12 School’s administrator). The Products do not permit any Student’s account or the content and grades thereon to be viewed or accessed by the general public.
We keep Student Personal Data for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain Student Personal Data depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it, as authorized by the K-12 School.
7. Links to Other Websites
The Products may contain links or enable Users to link to third-party websites. These websites may have their own privacy, cookies and/or other policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies because we have no control over them.
8. Changes to this Policy
The information practices described in this Policy are current as of the effective date at the end of this document. Infinitextbook reserves the right to periodically update this Policy at its discretion. Notice of any revisions will be posted to this page and are effective once posted. If you are concerned about how your Information is used, bookmark this page and check back periodically.
9. Contact us